JaySQL is a "must have" utility for DBAs and programmers who deal with databases.
It empowers them to be more productive by providing an intuitive tool that can talk
to any database through ODBC.
- 100% Java Compatible
- Support for multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux, Solaris, MAC and more...
- Same look and feel as WinSQL
How does it work?
It's simple. JaySQL can talk to any database for which you have a JDBC driver. Most of the databases today come with
an JDBC driver and usually it is free.
There are four types of JDBC driver:
JaySQL talks to the JDBC driver through an enhanced built-in Driver Manager. The Driver converts generic JDBC calls into database
specific requests and sends it to the back-end server. The server computes the results and sends them back to JaySQL
through the driver.
- Type 1 - JDBC-ODBC Bridge
- Type 2 - A native API party Java enabled
- Type 3 - Pure Java for database middleware
- Type 4 - Wire protocol pure Java